Electra Consumer Products (1970) Ltd.
Electra is the largest leading group in Israel, with over 70 years of activity pertaining to air conditioners, as well as longstanding activities in the electric home appliances and communication fields. The company operates in Israel, Europe and Africa
|Line of Business:||Electra is the largest leading group in Israel, with over 70 years of activity pertaining to air conditioners, as well as longstanding activities in the electric home appliances and communication fields. The company operates in Israel, Europe and Africa|
|Address:||1 Sapir St., New Industrial Zone, Rishon LeZion 7570460|
Gil Sharon Chairman & CEO Golan Telecom Ltd.
Yagil White CEO Electra Air-Con. and Climate Div.
Shmuel Mendzitsky Co-CEO Electricity Retail Div.
Yoram Badash Co-CEO Electricity Retail Division
Ronen Shchory VP Supply Chain & Operations
Shosh Raban VP Human Resources
Tali Keidar VP Marketing and Business Development
Reuven Joshou CEO Trade and Brands Division
Rami Hazan CEO Communication Div.
About Electra Consumer Products (1970) Ltd.
Electra Consumer Products (“The Company” and/or “Electra”) is part of Elco Ltd. group, a public company that is traded on the Tel Aviv stock exchange, owned by Mr. Gershon Salkind.
Electra is the largest leading group in Israel, with over 70 years of activities pertaining to air conditioning, communication, and longstanding activities in electric home appliances.
The company operates in Israel, Europe and Africa.
With an annual turnover of NIS 2.9 billion (2016), 60 branches nationwide located on 35 thousand sqm. sales areas and approximately 1,600 employees, Electra is the largest group in its field in the local market.
At Electra, we believe that innovation and technology are tools intended to enable anyone to enjoy a high quality of life. We believe that should we render technology accessible to everyone and enhance the shopping experience, maintenance and service, we will be able to assist everyone to fulfill their personal needs and make life more enjoyable.
To improve the quality of life and enhance the experience through innovation, service and placing the customer at the center.
- The customer at the center
- An eagerness to lead
Fields of Activity
- Air conditioning and climate – Electra has been leading the air conditioning field in Israel for over 70 years with approximately 45% of the market share. It owns the largest air conditioning producing factory in the Middle East and has international activity that includes exports to Europe.
Electra produces and exports heat pumps and mini central systems, imports and markets “Daikin”, the world’s leading company for air con-di-tioning and climate solutions, and accompanies leading construction companies pertaining to vast activities vis-à-vis local municipal in-stitu-tions, government ministries and the IDF.
The company leads with technological innovation, maintains international standards and a wide array of products, and provides after sale services to 1.4 million customers.
In 2016 Electra won first place in a customer service competition by the Israeli management center in the service category as a strategic partner, for the “Electra-Pro professional service for pros”.
- Retail chain stores – The company’s Electric Retail Division operates through “Mahsanei Hashmal” and “Shekem Electric” that own approximately 18% of the consumer electronics market in Israel and are located in accessible locations in city centers and periphery.
Mahsanei Hashmal is Israel’s largest leading electric home appliances retailer. With 41 branches nationwide, it implements a “pay and go” policy and has great reputation as the most affordable chain store. At the end of 2015 Mahsanei Hashmal launched an electronic trade site that enables its clients to purchase products and receive them at home or collect them at a nearby branch. This is performed automatically, in a fast, transparent manner.
Shekem Electric is a leading longstanding highly reputable chain store. It has 18 branches nationwide. Shekem Electric offers its clients the newest models of a wide variety of brands. A professional specialized experienced team guides the customers as they enter the store and until they purchase the product, in order to provide a pleasant shopping experience and the best, most professional service.
- Home appliances – The trade and brand department: engaged in importing, marketing, sales and distribution of Israeli and international leading brands, including a wide array of OEM products under the Electra brand, in cooperation with the best manufacturers in the world. Electra has over 30 years of experience in the home appliances market, with the biggest market share in super premium brands.
The company maintains great reputation regarding launching and enhancing leading brands, as well as successful longstanding experience with leading worldwide brands – Sauter, Miele, Liebherr, Whirpool, Philips, Hitachi, and Dafny.
- Communication – During 2017, Electra acquired 100% of Alpha Telecom company, which markets the HUAWEI cell phones brand.
HUAWEI which penetrated the local market in 2015, continued to grow in 2016, and currently has a market share of 9% of the annual sales of cellphones in Israel.
This market leader has signed off on several ground-breaking collaborations, including one with LEICA, a leading photography company, under which it launched the “HUAWEI P9” double lens device in 2016, and P10 in 2017.
The mobile devices operations under the Huawei brand joined the existing distribution operations of Sony mobile devices.
- Provision of Cellular Communication Services– In 2017, the company completed the acquisition of Golan Telecom Inc., a provider of cellular communication services. Golan was known as a competition-inducing player, and the company intends to maintain this strategy also in the future.
You may also like